Daily Fantasy Sports
Daily Fantasy Sports has emerged as one of the hottest trends over the last couple of years. Traditionally, when you think of playing a fantasy sports season, you draft a team before the playing season starts, and you manage that one team the entire time.
With Daily Fantasy Sports, it’s basically a new season every day.
Daily Fantasy Sports: How Do You Play?
Pretty much all major sports are available to play on Daily Fantasy:
- MLB Baseball
- NFL Football
- NHL Hockey
- NBA Basketball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA Basketball
- PGA Golf
- NASCAR Auto Racing
- MMA Fighting
- eGames like League of Legends
How Do You Play Daily Fantasy Sports?
- You are given a salary cap for the day to choose a player for each position. This varies per website, but DraftKings fantasy baseball, you’ll draft:
- 2 pitchers
- First Baseman
- Second Baseman
- Third Baseman
- 3 Outfielders
- Each player will have a salary associated with them based upon their recent performance. The websites usually select the salary the night before. (There is a strategy involved with finding values; stay tuned for more information in our eBook)
- The key when doing Daily Fantasy Sports is that you have to fill up all of the positions while staying at or under your salary cap
- There are points given based upon a player’s performance. The following is FanDuel’s fantasy football scoring:
- Each website varies as to what positions they have you draft, and how their scoring works. There is obviously a strategy to keep in mind based on how various plays are scored or not scored on each platform.
Types of Contests
- Tournaments: You pay an entry fee and depending upon your score, you are paid out based on what place you finish in.
- Leagues: A fixed-number of teams enter, and payouts are made to only the top teams.
- Head-to-Head: Play against one or more people, usually winner takes all.
We’ll go in-depth into strategies, tips, and tools that you can use to improve your performance on a day-to-day basis.